if i were an artist, i'd look like this.

if i were an artist, i'd look like this.
if i were an artist, i'd look like this.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

i would make you eat chocolate, because then i didn't have to taste the lies that your mouth was ridden with whenever i kissed you.

i grew up in a rather functional family, i thought.
i didn't know anything was wrong. and had i never met you, maybe i could have drown myself in my imaginary perfect world.

but that isn't how it happened.
when you found me, you saw just how broken i didn't know i was.
you made me experience things that i thought were helping me grow, and i loved it.
i gave you everything so that you could continue to help me learn, and you used it.

you took me, and you strangled me.
i left you, and now i can't remember what i'm looking for.
everyone says i'm searching for something that should stay hidden.
something that no one should really want.

if you asked me, i would tell you this;
all i want is for someone to let me know they care, by showing me that they don't.
after a while, caring is no longer one of those beautiful lyrics, it becomes something awful.
and if you asked me, i'd tell you that's what i deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment